The PLATOON project launches its first open call!
PLATOON’s 1st Open Call for bottom-up projects was launched in January and is calling all SMEs working with a tech solution that can be used to digitise the energy sector (interoperability layer, data governance and security framework, data analytics tools etc.) to apply to this funding opportunity. The Open Call will stay open until the 4th of March 2021, at 17:00 (CET, Brussels local time).
The open call beneficiaries will contribute towards the success of PLATOON’s goal: that is to increase renewable energy consumption, smart grid management, increased energy efficiency and optimised energy asset management.
Through the application process, candidates will be able to propose their own challenge or to choose one of the ‘ready-made’ challenges pre-defined by the consortium, on:
- Open source IDS Connectors on Edge;
- Tool for automatic deployment of containerized applications in a Cloud or on premise environment;
- Secure Multi party computation;
- PLATOON compliant data management and interoperability solution;
- PLATOON Photovoltaic forecasters;
- Tool for scanning maintenance logs.
6 selected SMEs will get a maximum of €150,000 in equity-free funding each and they will access a 9-month Support Programme receiving mentoring from PLATOON’s core partners.
In order to be eligible for this call, candidates must have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Digital Interoperability (APIs and Data models)
- Data governance, security, privacy and sovereignty
- Data Analytics applications in energy (such as Energy usage optimisation, Predictive maintenance, Demand forecast, etc.)
- Edge computing (S/H)
SMEs from EU member states and H2020 Associated Countries are expected to APPLY for the 1st Open Call before March 4th, 2021 at 17:00 CET (Brussels local time).
About the PLATOON project
The EU-funded H2020 project PLATOON aims to digitalise the energy sector, enabling thus higher levels of operational excellence with the adoption of disrupting technologies. The project will be validated in 7 pilots in 4 countries that provide real Energy Big Data cases. PLATOON will facilitate the technology transfer into the market by a well-established tendering process via Open Calls.
PLATOON will reinforce the European efforts for the modernisation of the European electricity grid, as it focuses on new smart grids services through data knowledge exploitation. Moreover PLATOON will offer access to cheaper and sustainable energy for energy consumers and maximise social welfare
For more information, please visit: