Applications open 2 April 2020 and close 3 May 2020 at 17:00 CEST.
The European Open Science Cloud Digital Innovation Hub (EOSC DIH) invites start-ups/spin-offs, SMEs, Large enterprises, Digital Innovation Hubs, Competence Centres, Innovation spaces or small consortia from any sector to participate in the Open Call for business pilots. Up to five awarded applicants will participate in pilots that are expected to run between 3-6 months (e.g. June to October 2020) where they will be able to take advantage of different services provided by the EOSC DIH.
The EOSC DIH is an international and multi-partner cooperation that supports private companies in easily accessing the digital technologies, services and human capital offered by the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). It combines four pillars to help companies become more competitive:
1. Piloting and co-design : where products or services are designed and/or tested.
2. Technical access : High-throughput, High-performance and Cloud computing; machine learning; research data; data management services, as well as several tools and applications available for re-use.
3. Training and support : technical consultancy, business coaching and funding search.
4. Visibility : inclusion of company solutions in the EOSC Marketplace, print and online material and exploitation of the EOSC networking and ecosystem opportunities such as joining online communities, event attendance and potential future projects.
For the selected applicants in the Open Call programme, access will be provided to the EOSC DIH services and support in the form of a voucher system valued at up to €10.000 per pilot (no cash payment) . The following key services will be provided to support the selected pilots:
- Access to e-Infrastructure resources and additional technical services to support the use case
- Expertise and support on prototyping, scaling-up, design, performance verification, testing and demonstration.
- Facilitate partnerships with other SMEs and industry, innovation clusters, and accelerators.
- Provide business coaching and training for increased market uptake and exploitation.
- Support industry applicants to become service providers in the EOSC community.
- Increase visibility on a European and International level
The deadline for submissions of applications will be 3 May 2020 at 17:00 CEST.
More information and Guide for applicants available here.