DATABIO CEREALS I
PILOT : CEREALS AND BIOMASS CROP
DATA – DRIVEN BIOECONOMY
LOCATION CABREROS DEL RÍO
CONTACT NAME SOFÍA IGLESIAS, JESÚS ESTRADA
PILOT PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
This service aims to provide information for precision agriculture, mainly based on time series of high resolution (Sentinel-2 type) satellite images, complemented with sensor data and, in some specific cases, with RPAS data. The information can be used as input for farm management (operational decisions, tactical decisions). Information layers may include: Vegetation indexes (NDVI, Normalized green red difference index) and derived anomaly maps.
This service will offer cost saving for farmers communities due to a better quality management in agricultural zones, especially focused on irrigated crops. Monitoring and managing irrigation policies and agricultural practices will offer meaningful water and energy saving. Besides this, fertilizers control and monitoring can produce, eventually, a prominent economic saving per year and hectare. This better management of hydric and energetic resources is also related to Green-house effect gases reduction, directly linked to better environmental conditions in agriculture.
OBJETIVE OF THE PILOT
The main expected results of this pilot are:
- Agricultural Heterogeneity Analysis for analytical and accurate finding of heterogeneities in crops related to irregular irrigation, mechanical problems affecting irrigation systems, incorrect distribution of fertilizers or any other sources of inhomogeneity that could explain crops growing differences.
- Irrigation services improved using the information provided by the previous point
KPIS AND METRICS
The main KPIs of the pilot are:
- Surface processed, from the original 24.270Ha.
- Field visits saved and their economic impact.
- Economic improvements: water, energy and other resources savings due to better information on crops status.