The EU-funded OPEN DEI project supports the creation of common data platforms based on a unified architecture and an established standard in different sectors: Manufacturing, Agriculture, Energy, and Healthcare, which represent key fields for the deployment of the EU strategy for digitalization.
In this framework, OPEN DEI aims to detect gaps, encourage synergies, support regional and national cooperation, and enhance communication among the Innovation Actions implementing the EU Digital Transformation strategy. Furthermore, OPEN DEI is aligned with the aims and objectives of the Digitising European Industry initiative in the contexts of Regulatory Framework, Partnership and Platform, Skills and Jobs, and Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs).
The project has recently launched its first series of free webinars focused on Data Platforms and Pilot Implementations.
Joining forces to build a common European Data Space
During the first OPEN DEI webinar held on April 30, the OPEN DEI beneficiary International Data Spaces Association (IDSA) presented its work related to the definition of a reference architecture and a formal standard to be used for creating and operating virtual data spaces. The IDS Architecture is based on European values and commonly accepted data governance models facilitating secure exchange and easy linkage of data within business ecosystems. It ensures digital sovereignty for data owners making data available for being exchanged or shared. The Association’s members include 109 companies and institutions of various industries and sizes from more than 20 countries.
By watching this webinar you will learn more about:
- What OPEN DEI is about and what OPEN DEI can offer you
- OPEN DEI vision towards a common European data space and how IDSA may support the European strategy for data
- The indispensable elements of a common European Data Space and how IDS Reference Architecture Model (IDS-RAM) is setting the framework conditions to deploy common, interoperable data spaces in key sectors
Download the presentations
- About OPEN DEI – Giorgio Micheletti (OPEN DEI Coordinator)
- OPEN DEI vision about European Data Spaces – Lars Nagel (CEO, IDSA)
- How the IDS-RAM Standard contributes to European Data Spaces – Sebastian Steinbuss (CTO, IDSA)
- OPEN DEI Cross-Sectorial Data Spaces Task Force – Silvia Castellvi (OPEN DEI Communication Leader)
Business opportunities for Digital Transformation through the ecosystem of Digital Innovation Hubs in Europe
During the second OPEN DEI webinar held on May 14, OPEN DEI presented an overview of European activities about DIHs and ecosystem building activities in the different project sectors (Manufacturing, Energy, Healthcare and Agri-food) and technologies (AI, Cybersecurity, Industrial IoT, Cloud, HPC & Robotics). Moreover, the session explored how DIHs can become important partners for OPEN DEI Digital Platforms projects for a leaner global uptake and transfer of their digital solutions towards SMEs and a deep and structured Digital Transformation of all EU industries. This session also showed the benefits that the connection and active participation of digital platforms innovation actions in DIH ecosystems can bring, by supporting business growth, shaping better digital products and more effective industrial processes in the four domains.
The OPEN DEI beneficiary Innovalia has fostered and supported the creation and development of Digital Innovation Hubs in the Manufacturing sector and has played a central role in the mentoring and coaching of multi-sectorial networks of DIHs in Europe (AI DIH Network initiative in collaboration with PwC and CARSA). The OPEN DEI beneficiary IDSA is building an international network of Hubs, which act as facilitators in the development of ecosystems that endorse and embrace data sovereignty and the development of trusted industrial data spaces.
Download the presentations
- Welcome – Oscar Lazaro (Innovalia)
- OPEN DEI presentation -Giorgio Micheletti (IDC)
- The landscape of Digital Innovation Hubs in Europe – Carmen Polcaro (Innovalia)
- European AI-DIH Network Overview – Silvia de la Maza (Innovalia)
- The International Network of IDSA Hubs – Thorsten Huelsman (IDSA)
Would you like to find more about OPEN DEI?
Get in touch through our channels!