With a BDVA label, it is assured that the i-Space meets the requirements and the definition of BDVA in technical as well as in an organized manner. The is-Space label is well recognized as a quality label on a European level. It benchmarks the different initiatives through the different categories. The label which is always granted on large European Big Data events creates visibility to the national efforts around Big Data.
The i-Space is reviewed in 5 categories with over 80 single criteria measured and evaluated. These categories are:
- Infrastructure and Technologies of i-Space which contain criteria to compute and storage capacity, and access methods as tools, policies, standards and certificates.
- i-Space services: technical support, access to acceleration, maintenance skill influence and training.
- Projects and Applications of i-Space per sector ranked by relevance.
- An impact to Ecosystem of i-Space with criteria participation reaching EU-level, enablement model and impact follow up.
- i-Space Business Strategy with standards in strategy, economic sustainability and revenue statements.
All categories and criteria are evaluated on a 5-stage scale. Depending on defined thresholds an i-Space could get a gold silver and bronze label (e.g. for a Gold label, most of the criteria and categories should be ranked on stage 3 or higher).
- Filling out a questionnaire.
- Assessment by the experts and professionals, which are part of the i-Space label review committee of BDVA Task Force.
- Online interview (only if requested by the Committee).
- Preparation of proposal of labels by the review committee.
- Assessment and final decision by the BDVA Board of Directors.
- Communication of results to all the candidates.
- Ceremony at the European Big Data Value Forum or another relevant event to hand-out the label.
- Application for BDVA i-Space label. The call is open now and it will be closed on September 15th, 2017. Apply here.
- Online interviews: Foreseen end of September 2017.
- Communication of results: October 24th, 2017.
- Hand out of granting labels and ceremony at the European Big Data Value Forum, Versailles, November 21st - 23rd.
The new label is granted in three grades: Bronze, Silver and Gold. These grades are aligned with the maturity and potential impact of the candidates in five main domains: Excellence of infrastructure, Quality of Services, Projects and sectors, Impact to Eco System and Business model.