We are soliciting submissions primarily from collaborative projects, whether publicly or privately funded. We will give preference to open innovation projects, especially those with contributions to open source, open data, or contributing to socially impactful goals. However, we welcome submissions from especially interesting projects that do not exactly fit these criteria if they provide new insights and compelling demonstrations.
Projects will be given 5 – 15 minute pitch/presentation slots, plus demonstration time, and a poster-slot. All projects must provide instructive and compelling demonstrations, NOT marketing.
Submit extended abstracts (1 – 2 pages)
Project Showcase Track:
• A brief description of the research project, goals, and partners.
• What is the main innovation that you would like to show?
• How does this fit with the KDD ecosystem?
• If available, provide links to online demonstrations (recommended), or a description of what you plan to show interactively to the audience.
• If available, provide links to project URL, repositories, and other dissemination materials you have available (optional).
Evaluation of projects will be based on the level of innovation and research breakthroughs, fit with KDD, how compelling the demonstrations/additional information is, and the need to create an event with a broad array of themes.
Submission Due Date – June 1, 2018